Monday 30 September 2013

Last August, I had sex with a prostitute in Dubai. During intercourse, the condom broke and I ejaculated inside her. However, I realised this too late. Testing for AIDS is mandatory in the UAE so I was carefree as I thought that she would not be infected. However, I now realise that it’s a serious matter and need some doubts clarified. a) Is there a window period within which AIDS can be detected or can one take a test for it any time? b) If I get myself tested now, can I expect a proper result, even though it’s been eight months since the incident? c) What test should I take? I am very scared and I don’t want to ruin my life.



Copyright - Mumbai Mirror

1 comment:

  1. Getting a test done in the first five months after the incident for the antibodies of an HIV infection may not be effective. Since this incident happened in August, you can now visit a pathology lab for an HIV/AIDS test. It would be best to get yourself tested for other sexually transmitted diseases as well.

    ReplyDelete